In 1928 Kenneth Porter opened a restaurant and antique store and called it The Blue Shutters. At some point the building was expanded to include hotel rooms and the large dining room. Fast forward to the mid 1930's to 1950, The Blue Shutters restaurant was run by Gus Bitsakos and his wife. The business thrived, in spite of the Great Depression, offering food, cocktails and auto repair. In 1950, Sam Phillips purchased the building and the business from Mr. Bitsakos. Sam and his wife Catharine ran The Blue Shutters successfully for decades. Sam cooked most of the entrees in a large wood and coal fired oven.
Welcome back the good old days. Enjoy!!